No. You can join tournaments even without verifying your account. When you win cash in these tournaments, your winnings will be deposited in your MPL winnings balance. Verification becomes mandatory before you can make any withdrawals from your MPL account to your bank/wallet account.
Your total winnings i.e all winnings combined should exceed Rs 30. Once it crosses the limit, you have to do verification
Account verification is a one-time process. For your account to be verified, click on the account balance icon on top right of the app, and then click on the “KYC Compliance” button. Follow the steps mentioned below to get your MPL account verified:
- Verify your mobile number by entering the OTP received during login.
- Verify your email by entering the email id.You will receive an email instantly on your entered email id. Click on the link in the email to verify. Refresh KYC page by coming back to it.
- Upload your PAN Card number, PAN Card image along with other details
- Upload your Aadhaar Card Number, Aadhaar card image along with other details
MPL is an esports platform where you can win real cash legally. Your withdrawals on MPL involve transfer of money from your MPL account to your bank/wallet account, and hence PAN & Aadhaar Card has become a mandatory requirement as a proof of identity. In case you do not have a PAN & Aadhaar Card, you can still play tournaments, and your winnings will be deposited in your MPL account. You can apply for a PAN & Aadhaar Card in the meantime & once you receive it, upload it along with the Aadhaar card and bank details to get your MPL account verified. You will then be able to withdraw any amounts to your bank account.
Some of the major reasons why your verification request may have failed are:
- PAN number on the card does not match with the PAN number entered during verification request
- Double check the PAN number that you have entered to avoid errors
- Date of Birth on the PAN Card does not match with the Date of Birth entered
- Please ensure that you enter the exact Date of Birth on the verification request, as it appears on the PAN Card
- Aadhaar number on the card does not match with the Aadhaar number entered during verification request
- Double check the Aadhaar number that you have entered to avoid errors
- Name on the Aadhaar Card does not match with the Name entered
- Please ensure that you enter the exact Name on the verification request, as it appears on the Aadhaar Card
- The documents uploaded by you are not clear/visible
- Our experts are humans after all! Please help them by uploading clear documents so that they can verify your details quickly.
You can withdraw money only from the winnings account in your account once your account is KYC verified. This verification is a one-time process which doesn’t need to be repeated unless you wish to make changes to your account. Once your account is verified, you can withdraw the desired amount (min. Rs.100 and max. Rs.5000 at a time) and it will be deposited into your bank account within 2 working days.
You can check the status of each withdrawal in the withdrawals history section of the app
This is a bonus amount given by MPL to you to play in tournaments. You cannot withdraw this amount but you can use it to join more tournaments and win more cash. Cash Bonus also comes with an expiry date so make sure to use it before it expires!
The minimum amount for a single withdrawal request is Rs.100 and the maximum amount that you can withdraw in a single transaction is Rs.5000.
This might happen because of the following reasons
- You do not have a Paytm account against your mobile number used in MPL. Please create a paytm account.
- You might not have done min KYC in Paytm. In this case, you will also recieve an SMS from paytm telling you the same when MPL will try to transfer cash into your paytm wallet
- Your limit in Paytm might have overflown. Paytm allows monthly 10,000 INR for min KYC customers and then you need to do full KYC. Even for full KYC customers, maximum limit is 1,00,000 Rs.
As long as you have entered the correct details of your paytm wallet/bank account, money should be received by you. *Please make sure you are entering correct details in case of UPI and Bank account as we cannot cross verify the details here and money will be transferred to bank account entered if its a correct record as per bank. You can also see the status of the transaction in your withdrawals history page. In case, of any discrepancies, we will refund money back into your MPL account within 7 working days. Please contact our support in case of any issues and we would be able to help you with the exact issue
We deduct TDS (tax deducted at source) for any winnings above 10,000 Rs in a tournament as per the govt regulation. All prizes shall be subject to deduction of tax ("TDS") as per the Income Tax Act 1961. Winners will be provided TDS certificates in respect of such tax deductions. The Winners shall be responsible for payment of any other applicable tax, including but not limited to, income tax, gift tax, etc. in respect of the prize money. As per current regulations, Tax will be calculated as follows i.e 30% tax + 4% cess which equals down to 31.2% on the won amount for any amount above 10,000 Rs won in a tournament